We are proud to announce that we will be having our annual Walk for Education Fundraiser on Friday, October 11, 2019.
Volunteers Needed for Walk for Education
Please support this event by helping your child get pledges. Sponsors can pledge a flat pledge of $10 or more. Have sponsors fill out the information on the pledge sheet and put the money in the envelope. Return the pledge envelope and money on October 11th. Matching funds are not included in total raised for prizes.
Our goal is to raise at least $40,000!
Money raised will go to; assemblies, library books/AR quizzes, classroom budgets and technology/STEAM
We are in need of volunteers for Walk for Education, please sign up at:
Please support Walk for Education! Just one week left to gather Walk for Education pledges! Parents are invited to come cheer on our walkers. We welcome younger children to cheer with parents. However, participants in Walk for Education can only be Matsumoto students.
Grades 3 & 4: 8:30 - 9:30
TK & Kindergarten: 9:40 - 10:25
Grades 5 & 6: 10:30 -11:30
Grades 1 & 2: 11:40 - 12:30
Get your walking shoes on! The annual Matsumoto Walk for Education is coming - Friday, October 11th! This is your chance to have fun with your friends, get fit, and help make the Matsumoto Walk for Education a fun day for the whole school. It is the ONLY major fundraiser of the year!
Our goal this year is to raise $40,000! That's a BIG number, but with your support our Mustangs can achieve anything.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The process is simple. Students will ask people to be "Sponsors".
- "Sponsors" are those lovely folks who agree to donate money for your participation as a walker in the Walk for Education.
- Sponsorship is a single donation and not based on laps walked.
- They may be friends, family, neighbors, and parents' co-workers or business associates. Please do not go door-to-door unless you have an adult with you.
- Check with Employers for Employee Matching.
- Cash or checks should be made out to "Matsumoto School."
WHEN DO I TURN IN MY MONEY?
- Students turn in their Pledge Envelope and money by Friday, October 11th by giving it to their classroom teacher.
- If your student cannot participate on the day of the Walk for Education please send their money to school earlier.
- A classroom trophy and lunch with the principal will be awarded to the top primary and top upper grade class for raising the most money. (Students bring their own lunch)
- An Ice Cream Sundae Party will be awarded to the top walkers and top money earners per grade level.
- If the walker raises $50, a chain and shoe charm will be awarded.
- If the walker raises $150, a cool shoe keychain will be awarded.
- If the walker raises $300 or more, he/she will get to have lunch with the teacher.
The more money a student raises the more prizes they will earn!