Recognition Programs and Activities
Our goal in creating and maintaining behavior standards is to provide a safe learning environment for our students. We want LeyVa Middle School to be the best school possible!
Honor Roll is designed to recognize students for academic excellence. Gold and Silver Honor Roll is awarded (see guidelines).
Recognition assemblies, reward assemblies, and Honors Nights are held during the year to give special recognition to students for academic achievement.
Gold Honor Roll
Silver Honor Roll
Marks of O or S only
Marks of O or S only
Any C, D, F, N, or U in citizenship/behavior.
More than one C or C+, any D, F, N, or U in citizenship/behavior.
Add all of the individual letter grade point values for each class and divide by the number of classes. Point value is as follows:
A = 4 points
B = 3 points
C = 2 points
D = 1 point
F = 0 points
Valedictorian and Salutatorian are the ultimate academic honor. Two students from Bulldog Pathways and two from the Bulldog Tech will be honored at our ceremony in June.
Determination of valedictorian for the 8th grade class will be calculated using the following criteria:
- Maintained top grades grades for both 7th and 8th grades
- Received “O” or “S” on all Citizenship Marks
- Other criteria will be reviewed to make the final determination of the top two students; i.e., test scores, benchmark assessments, end of year assessments, final examinations, citizenship, discipline records, and staff input.
Each year we award special honors to our top academic students at our Annual Honors Night.
- The Superintendent’s Award is given to 7th and 8th graders who maintain a 4.0 GPA throughout the academic year.
- The Principal’s Award is given to 7th and 8th graders who maintain a 3.8 GPA throughout the academic year.
- The President’s Award is given to 8th Grade students who maintain a 3.5 GPA throughout the academic year.
- Bulldog Bravos
- Positive Teacher/Parent
- Spirit Points
- Honors/Special Assemblies
- Recognition Assemblies
- Extra-curricular activities
- Field Trips
- Noon-time Contests
- Cultural events
- Community Events
- Talent Show
- Student of the Month
- Front of Line Passes